The Centre School district was formed in 1958 with the consolidation of the Lincolnville, Burdick, Lost Springs, and Ramona school districts. At the time of the initial consolidation, Pilsen students were already attending school in Lincolnville. The Tampa school district sent their high school students to Centre in 1966 with the K-8 students from Tampa coming to Centre in 1969. The first class to graduate from Centre High School was the class of 1959.
The high school building went through many changes from construction in 1957 to the present. Additions were added in 1993 and 1999. As of August 2010, the only building in the Centre School District still in operation is the original Centre High School building. All district students, PK-12, receive their daily classes in the building formerly known as Centre High School.